What Is Common Sense Remodeling?
A Comprehensive Remodeling Process that Makes Sense
Benefits of Common Sense Remodeling
If you are planning a home renovation and thinking it might be better to have a single entity design, manage, and construct your home renovation – you would be right!
Whether it is a whole-house renovation or a one-room project, the concept of “design-and-then-build” by one professional company appeals to most busy homeowners who understand that single-source responsibility done well will naturally give them the best renovation experience outcome.
It is true that any renovation project, even if it is just one room entails numerous steps that build upon one another, as well as a complex weeks-long schedule that begins with lots of decision making and ends with many different people coming in and out of your home.
Running around to suppliers, coordinating professionals from all ends of the industry, and trying to tame an out-of-control budget is unfortunately the experience most homeowners endure when planning a remodel. Many people even anticipate dreading the renovation process. Delays due to scheduling conflicts, material availability, last-minute surprise change orders, home projects taking much too long to complete, and even AWOL contractors are among the headaches you have heard about from brave DIY-ers that have gone before you.
An efficient Design-Build system begins first and foremost with having all elements and responsibilities of a home renovation project under one roof. Budgeting, design, purchasing, management, construction, warranty. From start to finish.
And no matter how professional, we know that every renovation project is bound to experience a hitch somewhere along the process. However, we can also reassure you that when the design and renovation process is carefully controlled from start to finish, the issue is always resolved, often before you even know about it.
At Advance Design Studio, we have been perfecting our Common-Sense Remodeling process since 1992. As your trusted resource, we develop your design within a pre-developed budget, recommend and procure quality materials that fit the budget, and then build the project within the projected scope, timeline, and predetermined financial goals. For a beautiful result and a gratifying remodeling experience.
It can be, but we make it easy.
That’s Common Sense Remodeling.
How Do We Do It?
Our Common Sense Remodeling Process.
1. Concept Exploration
Every project begins with a no-cost consultation, where we get to know you and define what’s most important regarding your goals, budget, and vision for your home. We’ll discuss design ideas, timeline goals, and share with you how we develop a custom project budget. This meeting will ensure that all of our recommendations during the next phase are tailored perfectly to meet your needs and allows you to understand how we work and what we are all about.
2. Schematic Direction and Budget Development
We develop a schematic design, and a preliminary project budget range from the information gathered in our initial meeting. 3D illustrations give you a clear vision of what your new space could look like. A detailed financial analysis of each room, with graduating levels of materials, gives you a thorough understanding of your options and how they may affect your overall project investment.
These essential exercises set the stage for developing an accurate budget target and a realistic design direction. It allows us to determine expectations collectively during the next phase of project development.
3. Project Design & Development
The next step mobilizes all the collected information and design intent to be converted into a complete project on paper. This is a major key to renovation project success. We continue to work together to flesh out details of the project, including:
- Site analysis and village permit research
- Home walk thru analysis with each trade to finalize project fieldwork and costs
- Refine project design options into final drawing versions
- Designer guided education and selection of all products, finishes, and materials
- Refine complete room-by-room project budget
- Finalize project scope and determine approximate construction start
This process ensures that everyone working on your project understands the plan and commits to the completed budget and schedule. This phase concludes with a final budget and plan review meeting, where the completed design, written project proposal, project agreement, and final project budget are reviewed and approved.
4. Project Production & Construction
Once your proposal is approved, our design and field production teams go to work executing and monitoring the following tasks:
- Submitting and overseeing permit application, including all licenses and field inspections
- Finalization and stamping of all design and installation drawings/specifications
- Specification and ordering of all project materials and interior products
- Confirming and receiving, storing, inspecting, and site-delivering all project materials
- Complete management of all project payables/receivables including loan processing
- Site set up, protection, debris removal, and daily site expectations
- Scheduling, coordinating, and oversight of all field activity, subcontractors on the job site
- Supervision of construction development and quality control
- Conducting periodic field meetings, and day to day communication with the homeowner
5. Project Closeout & Warranty
As work nears completion, we wrap up expediently and:
- Prepare internal project completion checklist
- Complete final permit inspection with the village
- Facilitate homeowner completion meeting reviewing the project
- Answer any questions, address any outstanding items noted
- Date/review your project warranty
- Request feedback through our written project analysis
We work hard to please you throughout the entire project process. We’ll invite you to provide invaluable feedback regarding your project experience through our 3rd-party review process, and of course, we are always available and checking in during your project process. Our priority is to continue to ensure your complete positive project experience, so you can enjoy your amazingly renewed home and come back again whenever you have a home care or update need.
Remodeling can be complicated, but we make it simple. If our process makes sense to you, then Common Sense Remodeling is the renovation partner for you. Let’s get started!
Paul and Mindy Hoover
“At Advance Design Studio, all were great! We are very happy with the design, process, value, product, and professional staff. They handled us professionally all the way through.”
Chris and Sarah Haney
“The entire team at Advance Design Studio was wonderful to work with. They made the entire process of our remodeling project as straightforward and seamless as possible.”
“All in all, the entire process was smooth and the results outstanding. We could not be happier. We would definitely use Advance for a future project.”
Got an Idea, a Sketch, a House, and a Dream?
- $Let's Get Started